Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A year supply...

This is why I love coupon shopping:

6 Brownie Mixes
3 Bottles of Soy Sauce
3 Tubs of Butter
10 Boxes of Multi-Grain Cheerios
4 Packages of Jello Temptations (Cheesecake treats for a little dessert each night...yumm )
4 Boxes of Oatmeal
2 Bags of Quakes Rice Snacks
2 Fuze Drinks
8 Bags of Goldfish
8 cans of Green Chilies

I got all 50 of these items for $27.60 which means I got them each for about 55 cents!

I go coupon shopping every other week and it is so fun to be able to buy things we will use and eat and some extra special treats too!  We haven't stocked up enough that we don't have to grocery shop each week for our meals each week and we would have to buy our milk, bread, eggs and produce anyways.  I am hoping I can work up to that point where I can have a pantry full. . . . not my own supermarket full that takes over my home like on the extreme couponing show... but enough to be able to provide for our family for a year if we ever needed.  I mostly have us set up for the beauty/hygiene/non food items for a year which is so nice.  It is a little nerve wracking for me to check out because I don't want to be a nuisance, but I think I have found my favorite cashiers that are helpful and even encourage coupon shoppers like me.

I love doing this and especially love that none of us will have to starve if some disaster were to happen.  I only have one problem though... we have been storing all of our stuff under our bed and it is full now so I am trying to think of a new place to hide our storage that would keep it accessible. I am okay with that problem though :)

No comments: