Wednesday, January 23, 2013

3 months ago...

My sweet Davy turned three months old last week.  Here are a ton of pictures that I took while we were cooped up in our hotel last week with lots of ear infections, runny noses, fevers, and coughs galore!  It is a glamorous life we are living :)

Davy has been such a great baby so far!  Way better than Katelyn so far...don't tell her!  If you are a new mom, you might not want to read this because you might be jealous of how good of a sleeper he is.  Seriously, I remember reading blogs of friends that had babies around when I had Katelyn and the would mention how they were great sleepers and I would get so sad because I was so exhausted and just wanted to get some uninterrupted sleep like they were getting.

Davy is that kind of sleeper!  For over a month now, he sleeps a solid chunk of the night...like anywhere from 7-10 hours.  I think Katelyn still wakes up more often than he does!  I have no idea why he is such an awesome sleeper other than kids are just different.  I am terrible at sticking to any sort of schedule.  I just feed him every three to four hours and if he starts getting droopy eyed, I lay him down and swaddle him up.  I really don't do anything special or fancy.  Maybe it helps that he takes a pacifier?  Maybe it helps that I am not able to hold him and stare at him all day like I did with Katelyn and she got too attached to want to sleep anywhere other than with us?  I don't know, but I cannot complain.  I am so grateful he sleeps so well and keeps me sane!



As you can see, he eats very well.  He is growing out of clothes so fast and it cracks me up when he nearly busts the snaps open in the belly of some of his clothes.  I love his squishiness and he wears it well!  If only we could all look that cute with rolls on our thighs and pudgy fingers!
I think he is much more of a mix of the two of us than Katelyn is.  She clearly looks more like David.  Davy is a little paler, has my eye shape with David's dark brown eyes, has David's nose, and possibly my mouth.  He has a little dimple on his cheek when he smiles really big that I love and I will do the most silly and obnoxious things to bring out that big smile with the dimple!    As you can see in the next picture...we really are the funniest people!



.  
He is a smiley baby and will crack a smile as we walk by him knowing that they suck us in.  His smiles make us all smile and we just can't get enough of them!  I often put off doing things I should because I just gotta get those smiles from him.  They are so addicting and satisfying.



Sometimes it is so hard to hold up his own head and it takes a few grunts and toots to keep it in place :)
 

He is a very stiff baby and tries out his strong muscles so often.  He is not a snuggler because of this.  He is still a wobbly bobble head, and he tries so hard to stretch out his legs and stand tall.  It is hard to get him to sit because he won't relax to bend at the hip...like trying to bend a piece of wood in the center.  His hinges seem to be a little stiff :)  

When we hold Davy he likes to push away and look around at everything except for who is holding him.  He also likes to surprise us and see how well we are holding him and he will fling back and use his back muscles to try to back flip out of our arms.  I have to warn people of this because I am afraid he will fling himself out of someone's arms.  There's too much to see to waste time nuzzling in.  The only times he relaxes and snuggles is when he is drunk on milk and getting burped...and he has more manly burps than David :)




I like to dress him up on in plaid shirts and I love that he looks like a little manly man.  David says these shirts remind him of Al Borlin from the show Home Improvement.
Davy likes to talk with his cute little coos and that's what he is doing in this next picture.  Sometimes he tries to flatter me into giving him some milk with his sweet voice and when that doesn't work, he gets angry and sad and cries for it.

These next two pictures are funny and a little creepy only because he was sleeping so peacfully and I rolled him on to his side for the pictures and his hand stayed behind his head and he calmly laid his other hand on his chest. He was just posing for the camera and knew exactly what he was doing because in the next picture he opened his eyes and looked right at me.  It honestly scared me because I was awwing over him sleeping and posing so sweetly and then his big dark brown eyes were just staring!

Look at those little sausage fingers!  And look at that bottom lip...it make a seriously good pouting lip and he know how to work that pout for some kisses.


He likes his pacifiers, but he loves a good hand to suck on if he can get it.  His pacifiers leave indents on his chubby cheeks that try to intrude.  He spends plenty of time gumming my knuckle until it drips with drool and then I have to call it quits.  Sometimes before calls for me when he wakes up I will hear him smacking his lips on his hands and fingers.  This is fine as long as it is his fist, but once he straightens out his fingers he starts gagging on them and doesn't know to pull them out!  His hands are usually in fists and get stinky from his fermenting slobber sealed in his fists...like sourdough smelling and it is so weird!

Katelyn loves loves loves him!  He cracks her up any time he smiles, or tries to tickle her (we convinced her that he is trying to tickle her, not hurt her when he kicks or hits her with his flailing arms or legs) or when he is dancing (flailing arms and legs when music is playing).  She loves bath time with him and thought it was funny when he peed across the tub on her while I was grossed out.  She did agree with me that it was really gross when he pooped in the tub and gagged/nearly threw up.  For some reason she still enjoys taking a bath with him!

She gives him lots of hugs and kisses to the point of almost smothering him daily.  I have to keep an eye on that girl!  She calls him "Baby Butter" as she doesn't really say r's or th's, but it is fitting for our little butterball boy.

   He puts up with her loving on him on a regular basis.  These two take a lot of work, but at least we all still like each other!

David would be proud of this next shot taken by Katelyn...we might have a photographer on our hands!  Let's start a business :)



2 comments:

Crissa Rae said...

Haha! So cute and funny! I love this and that little "Baby Butter" is just too cute. Love the plaid! Kiely had that same purple striped dress when Charlotte was little, too! :) I have to say, I am one of those jealous moms of your baby boy sleeping so well... We just barely got Charlotte sleep trained, and she's nearing 16 months! (Although I wouldn't be surprised if Davy is close to the same weight as her.) Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how big they're getting. Next time you're this way we should get together again if you have time. Maybe someday we'll get to head that way... ;)

Logan and Ashleigh said...

Davy is SOOOOO cute! Seriously what a handsome baby! And i am so jealous of his sleep schedule Avery just started sleeping well about a month ago. ugh!! Sleep tight!!!:)