Friday, January 16, 2009

David's back!

David got back from San Francisco last week from training.  He got sick the last couple of days of training, so he was very glad to be home so he could take some medicine for his cold, have some chicken noodle soup, and crash for the night with a box of Kleenex at hand.  It was good to have him back, but he was pretty miserable.  I think that the worst part was that his head was all stuffy while he was flying home, so as they took off and landed, he felt like his head was going to explode.  That was just a bad time to be sick.  But I was ready to take care of him, so I think that was a relief.  David loves his new job.  He is still learning like crazy and he is the baby of the office, but I think he is proving himself.  David is working 12 hour days that start at 6:30 am.  He said that it goes by really fast since everyone is so busy in the office, and since he is still trying to wrap his head around all the things he is supposed to know how to do.  With this job he is mostly doing audits and taxes for low-income housing properties...I think.  That is what it sounds like to me.  He tries to explain things to me sometimes, but I don't think very much really sticks for me. 
I get up with him every morning and make a little lunch for him each day and make him breakfast while he gets ready.  He rides the city bus in to work, so I wave him off each morning as he gets on the bus with his lunch pail and backpack.  My cute little boy doesn't want to grow up.  He has his back pack to carry his laptop and other little doodads to and from work.  I told him he should get a laptop bag, but he thinks he's fine.  I think it is fun to watch him in the morning, because he is trying his hardest to get himself in this firm and leave an impression.  He makes sure that I think he looks alright and that everything matches.  He has me proof read some ideas and suggestions that he sends off to people at work.  He is trying to do his best so they don't forget about him.  
I still don't have a job.  I had an interview on Wednesday with the YMCA to lead one of their after school programs at an elementary school around here.  They said that they would get back to me today or on Tuesday, so I am really hoping that everything went as well as I though it did.  It would only be a part-time job, but I'll take it.  I really want to work with kids and this would be perfect.  I applied to some restaurants and ice cream and smoothie shops around here, but I haven't heard much form them either.  
I'm not sure if I can stand it everyday at home on my own.  It is pretty boring now that I have run out of things to do around here to make the days go by.  I have even got to the point where I want to do David's homework for an online class he is taking.  I went to the library and got a library card and checked out some books...and I have never been a reader, but I think I am desperate so maybe that will help keep me going.  
Brooks and John are coming today to spend the weekend with us.  I think it will be fun to hang out with them.  We might even go over to Tillamook on Sunday to visit Grandma Honey and Grandpa Bob.  I should be a nice day trip.  We are just hoping that the weather stays nice.  It has been sunny all week...not that warm...but not raining!  

No comments: