Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let the Real Competition Begin

I had my 6 week appointment. . . can you believe that over 6 weeks ago I had that little baby in my belly? . . . anyways it went well.  Nothing too crazy.
I was weighed at the one month appointment and weighed again at this 6 week one. . . . nothing changed.  So I am hoping that by publishing this that I will have all the more motivation to work extra hard.  Don't be mean, but if you have something nice to say I'll take it :)
Before I got pregnant I weighed 145ish (plus or minus a pound or two depending on a fast sunday dinner, Christmas brunch, Christmas dinner, Turkey dinner, Day-after-Thanksgiving pie and roll eating day, or any other occasion to eat more food than usual :)  The Monday before I had Katelyn I weighed 184 meaning I gained about 40 pounds.  At both of the before mentioned weigh ins, I am proud to say that I now weigh 155.  I am excited that 30 pounds really were "baby weight" or "extra water weight." I was a little worried honestly, but I am glad that so much has come off since I really haven't exercised one bit unless you count washing dishes, taking out the garbage, showering, or any of the regular daily (hopefully) tasks.
So here is my before picture. . .

But I would like to give everyone a fair chance so I am willing to restart this competition.  Chad didn't seem to get the memo of when the last one started. . . likely excuse. . . so this is for you Chad :)  This competition starts today, October 13, and we will see how we've done on Christmas 2010 (Chad that is on December 25th if you didn't know) before dinner :)
I really hesitated to put this picture up, or to even take this picture, so once again, be nice :)

This is for motivation.  No this is not a pregnancy picture. . . I wish it was. . . no I don't wish I were pregnant again, I wish I could blame the belly on being pregnant, but I can't.  This is me at 155 pounds.  I am hoping to lose 10 pounds, and hopefully an extra 5 to get back to 140.  I have cropped out my face because it is red and sweaty due to my first run! (you are lucky my armpits didn't get too sweaty)  The doc said I am free to start my physical activities of all kinds.  I am serious about losing this nice flotation device I have so nicely around me.  I'm a big girl now and I don't need floaties, so it has to go. . . . and the pool is closed for the winter so there is no more swimming.
Good luck to you all!  We will see who the real biggest loser is.

2 comments:

Crissa Rae said...

Haha! Lor, you always make me laugh! (And NO, I wasn't laughing at your "floatation device" as you called it... just the way you word things!) I don't even remember my weights of before, during, after, etc. BUT, I remember someone telling me, "Nine months on, nine months off." I didn't believe it at first, but now, I do. For a while, I felt that flab on my belly, and I thought, "WILL THIS EVER GO AWAY?!?!" But it did! Good luck. I think you look good! Good luck with your biggest loser contest! If you're breastfeeding, I bet you'll win! :)

Unknown said...

Okay...so to clarify it started yesterday and ends on Christmas day...right?!?

You're on!!! I think right now I'm at about 223.2654ish lbs...it's hard to tell all the decimals with the little slider weight things. I'll have to get our wireless internet up and running so we can get our blog updated with photos of my before and after your pregnancy photos! ;)
Chad