Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happily Married

It was 35 years ago today that it happened.  These two little lovebirds went up to Canada to be married to each other for forever.  She was beautiful, and he was handsome.  They were in love.
He's taking her out on a date tonight.  You two are still cute as ever. 
Just you two, and then one at a time, each of us joined you.  Mom, you once joked with someone about how mormons have a lot of kids and said, "It's not like I'm going to have ten kids or anything!"  Well that joke must have been really good, because by then we started walking out on our own. Hopefully we haven't made these 35 years seem like too long! I don't know how 10 kids is done, but it sure is amazing that we turned out so well!  I love to take vacations, but I think the best vacations are just hanging out with the family you two have put together.  As silly and crazy as we are (thanks Dad), I love that we can just sit and talk and relax (thanks Mom) for hours.  I wouldn't want us any other way. 
I think you two deserve this special night out.  A night without worring about making/cleaning up dinner.  A night for just the two of you.
Happy 35th Anniversary Mom and Dad.  We love you!

No comments: