Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Katelyn Lately

She's growing up!  Here's a look at what Katelyn can do lately.
When she's on her tummy, she's really good at doing this beached whale thing. . . or flying with a jet pack.  She puts her arms to the side and just looks around.  She is sooo close to rolling over.  She can scoot around like this and turn in circles really slow.  
And as you can see, she is balding.  She has been since she was a month old.  She used to get comments from old guys saying that she had more hair than they did, but now she's looking more and more like them.  Her hair is really thick below the balding ring, and kind of thin on top.  Let's just hope this isn't a permanent hair growth pattern!
She is also really good at blowing bubbles.  She makes them in her mouth somehow and then pushes them out for everyone to be proud of.  Sometimes all of her lips will be covered with her bubbles.  In this picture, they have slid down from her lips and down her chin. . .cute huh?! 
 She loves being in her swing with something to play with.  She is at the stage where she will look something down, and then do everything she can to get it to her mouth to really figure it out.  None of her toys fit very far in her mouth and she gets frustrated and un-interested in them.
Here she is with one of her bears.  He didn't fit in her mouth enough, so she pushed him away and pinned him down.  She was officially done with him.
  She can sit on her own now!  She leans forward and rests on her hands most of the time.  She is figuring out her feet now and analyzes them very closely. She wants to put her feet in her mouth so sometimes she will fold in half to get to them.  As chubby as they are, babies sure are flexible!  I'm not that chubby, but I know I can't  reach my head to my feet without bending my legs. . . or even with bending my legs.   Go ahead and try it!
She is such a happy baby!  We love her smiles and goofy faces.  Here she is with her dad cheesing it up for us.
Katelyn doesn't have a very long neck, so anytime she wears clothes with collars on them the do this.  Her chubbiness makes the collar flip up.  Sometimes the collar is too long and it will flip up into her face.  She can pull it off and I guess it makes her look cooler with it "popped".
At night, we try to keep her up for a couple hours before we put her to sleep to make sure she is really tired and will sleep through the night.  Sometimes I have to play with her and entertain her.  One night she was just too tired and fell asleep sitting and leaning against my hands.  She didn't make it very long and I was planning to change her, feed her, and give her a bath before she was out. She loves her baths except when she splashes too much water in her face
 I got some new nail polish and may or may not have tried it out on Katelyn :)
Some other things about her, that I won't put pictures up. . . when she is eating, she will take a break and look at me and sometimes we'll have a little "conversation."  Right before she is ready to eat again, she will swing her arm around once like a lassoing cowboy or Indiana Jones with his whip. . . too funny!
Recently she will not eat when I am talking.  She likes to eat with peace and quiet.  No singing, no talking, no laughing, no noises from mom,  just eating.  I can make all the faces I want, but once I make a peep, she stops and stares me down until I have learned my lesson.  Then she will swing her arm around and start eating again.  Yes ma'am!
So that's our cute little girl!  We sure can't get enough of her and she doesn't seem to mind our kisses. . . her slobbery ones aren't too bad either!

1 comment:

Derek and Kelly said...

I love her! She is so precious and I can't wait to meet her!