Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have a ONE year old!

I have often heard that your first and your last birthday have a lot of things in common.  You need help blowing out the candles on your cake, someone chooses who your friends are and does all the inviting, and you don't know what's going on during your own party.  

We celebrated Katelyn's birthday and we were definitely more excited than she was about the whole thing.  Well, I think I would have to say that I was a little more into it than David was once he realized she really didn't have a clue what the big deal was.  

Some people rent their own circus with a balloon-animal-making clown, bounce houses, carousals, water slides and invite half of the world.  We almost did that...you know us!    Just couldn't find the clown so we called the whole party off :)

Here's how we celebrated her special day...


This cake and cupcakes...writing with frosting is stinkin' hard!  I do not have a steady hand and those cupcakes were for family only because I used my fingers way to much and licked them every single time :)  The cake was safe to share though!

I made very attractive party hats.  They did a wonderful job of emphasizing any "extras" around our jaw lines being sure to let everyone know about our double chins.  Katelyn didn't dig in like I wanted her to.  She was very careful with the cupcakes and didn't even make a big mess.  She also didn't blow out her candle.  We tried to practice the whole week before, but she didn't get the idea of blowing.  She better be a pro by her next birthday!  
She was very thoughtful of others and wanted to share her cupcakes with Dad.  I don't think he minded at all :)

So sweet!

 The party hats weren't that flattering but we all wore them because I wanted them so badly.  Katelyn even wore hers to the store too :)  She sort of figured out that these bags had stuff in them...
...and she wanted to make sure Dad saw her new clothes as she tackled him :)

We love this little girl so much and never realized how happy she could make us.  We love having her around and being constantly entertained by her.  She may have drop dead stinky diapers that have to go directly outside, but she is so sweet and playful and we can't get enough of her!
I love that face of hers!  Such a precious girl looking so grown up and not so much like a baby any more!

2 comments:

Emily said...

she is adorable Lorry!! we miss you guys!

Logan and Ashleigh said...

Oh Happy Birthday!! She is so sweet!