Monday, October 10, 2011

A Break from Moving

All this moving stuff wears us all out sometimes.  I mentioned earlier how good of a helper Katelyn has been...maybe that has something to do with it.  David is done working now and so we can tag team on actual packing and entertaining Katelyn.  

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to...besides packing.

Katelyn was helping me clean out the dishwasher and as the story goes, "the dish ran away with the spoon."  They didn't get far but who knew they had some help :)

Coaching has been entertaining.  It has been a nice break for all of us to get out and have some fun.

 Sometimes I wonder what skills we should work on in practice.  Between the boy sprawled out on the ground, to the one boy pulling the other's hat over his eyes I no longer have to wonder if they learned anything about spreading out.  I think they are on the same team...hello defense?  We'll work on that.
 Sometimes there is an odd number, so I have to even the teams out.  Whenever I go after them when they have the ball they turn into a giggling mess.  They love it when I play and they try to fight over which team I join by getting rid of their own teammates.

 GO FIRE NINJAS!!  Some of them still wish that we were the Killer Kitties and refuse to be a fire ninja :)
 We had a really good rain storm.  We usually sleep with our window open and I loved waking up to the sound of the rain downpour.  Katelyn and I had some fun in the parking lot pond.




 She learned how to stomp.  It is now her newest dance move and she tried it out in the puddle making her own ripple circles.  The water was cold and there was no sun to warm us up so we only played for a bit before she started shivering and we headed inside for a warm bath and hung out in warm footie pajamas the rest of the day.
 This morning she was determined to help out and got her own breakfast ready :)  This reminds me that she is getting taller and can reach things up on the table pretty easily!  Where'd my little itty bitty baby go?
 "No big deal, Mom.  I got breakfast all by my self!"
 Here's a mouthful of cheesy cuteness and she knows it!
 Gotta love this silly girl :)
David kind of likes her too!  With him being home now he's loving the extra time with his little girl.  She loves it too and I think these two are going to have a tough time when David starts his new job and is away all day again.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the job! It sounds like you guys are officially adults:) I certainly understand the packing fun! Good luck!