Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hooo-Hooo

Last year my mom made a super cute costume for Katelyn.  We turned Katelyn into a Tootsie Roll! She made it really fast too!  I think it only took a couple of hours and it was finished.   

So, for this year's costume I decided I wanted to make one...I thought that if my mom could put something that cute together in a couple of hours, I could do something in a day at least.  I have seen ideas floating around but nothing seemed right for Katelyn until I saw this one.  I loved it instantly and I started thinking up what it would take to make it.  I got to work cutting out the feathers and the headband pieces along our drive as we moved.  Then once we moved everything in I pulled out my sewing machine and went to town during nap time! I sewed all the feathers on a plain white onesie of hers and pieced the headband together.  I love it and that is the cutest owl I have ever seen :)

Here's the front...in action...
The back...
This costume goes where she goes!

Poor girl...being an owl is hard!






I love this little costume on her...but for some reason I can't convince David that I should make mom and dad owl costumes for us to wear :)  We could be an owl family! ...maybe next year :)

1 comment:

Logan and Ashleigh said...

YOU ARE SOOO TALENTED! That owl costume is the cutest thing ever!!