Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun time at home of course

April Fools Day wasn't nearly as fun as I had hoped. . . I was too nervous all morning about what was in store for me!  Abby, Luke and I stayed up and got a few things ready for Mom and Dad in the morning.  That morning, Dad came in and saw Abby and I in her bed and called us "little turds" and that was it!  I couldn't fall asleep after that and anytime I heard footsteps, I thought it would be Dad coming back with some revenge. . . but he never did!  He is too nice!  Mom was taking Luke to his dentist appointment and as she saw her car she said, "Looks like Lorry has been here."  Sheesh!  I didn't even do the cars! Abby and Luke reclined the seats back in Mom and Dad's cars and turned the windshield wipers and the AC on full blast and turned the radio up a little loud. I guess I have a reputation or something.  Abby and Luke aren't as sweet as Mom and Dad think . . .I have been training them well:)
I was leaving yesterday to come back to Boise, and I was nervous to find out if Dad had anything planned for me.  He and Mom had no intentions of doing anything. . . who knows where I got my pranking mind. . . but I know it wasn't from Mom and Dad.


As for Mom's flowers. . . she finally figured it out. . . sort of.  Here was Dad introduction of the little joke:
"Your mom has all these potted plant starts going, attempting to find out which of our seed stock is any good.  Some of the pots are doing pretty good, but there are others which look barren.  So Lorry & Abby go outside in the driveway and select some leafy little weed sprouts and shove them in the dirt.  Your mom comes back in and is so delighted, saying, "its like they just sprang up overnight!"  the next day Lorry & Abby would totally move them to another barren spot and, "Oh, well, looky here, they are coming up afterall!"  Kids can be so cruel, :) :)  but it was all in good fun, . . . . even Granpa Bob got in on it."


So mom had been watering all of her sprouting little plants and one day she went to tough one of the mysterious new plants and it just fell over. . .no roots at all!  She was a little shocked and went on about how those quick growing ones sure are fragile.  ha ha!  I had to turn away I couldn't help but laugh!
The next day Grandpa Bob and I were asking about her plants.  The "new" ones even had little flowers and were leaning towards the sun.  Grandpa Bob asked what kind the "new" ones were and Mom even said, "They look like some weeds that I've seen around the yard."  But she continued to water them and kept looking at them trying to "figure out how the seeds from the weeds might have got into her potting soil."  She really had no idea.
Mom had been out and when she came home, she came walking in with some weeds in her hand, "Look!  These are the exact same thing that is growing in my pots.  I found these out in the driveway!"  
We all started laughing!  We told Mom that she had figured it out and that we had "planted" those weeds in there.  She was a little confused and still thought that the weeds were actually growing in there.  We had to convince her that we put them there and that's why there were no roots.  Mom said she would have kept on watering them if we hadn't explained everything.  She didn't suspect anything, she was just glad that she had identified the weed and found a match!  She was still smiling about it the next day just thinking about how silly she must have seemed.  It was cute Mom!  You are just such a devoted gardener and so oblivious sometimes for having such silly kids.

No comments: