Friday, August 13, 2010

My Very Own Bowling Ball

No baby yet!  We are still "patiently" waiting.  We really aren't having as much fun as our baby must be playing this waiting game.  A guy at the grocery store mentioned that I had a basketball growing on me.  I was able to quickly assure him that it feels more like a bowling ball.  No problem at all right?!  Through this pregnancy, I have had plenty of opportunities to perfect my squat as I would probably tip over if I bent over any other way.  I   have been so lucky with this pregnancy since I didn't ever get sick and I haven't been swollen.  I had a few instances of heart burn and lately my spine is being bent out of shape, but learning to not eat late at night and David's daily massages have made it manageable.  With everything going so well, it all must be too good to be true and end that way right?  This little girl has been so nice to me so she will want to come a little early right?!  We are hoping for the best, but patiently. . . I guess.
We have dug into the whole coupon thing.  We are having fun with it and we enjoy coming home with a shopping cart full worth of food and only paying a fourth of the price we would have for it.  We are stocking up on foods and we are finding that we don't have much room for all of it.  Each week there is usually a really good sale on something and we can stock up on that item and hopefully not have to buy it again until it goes on sale again.  We have been so surprised to also find out how much we can get for free.  By combining a good sale with a coupon can get us all sorts of name brand things for free or we can even make money off of it!  It is very fun and we have had to hold ourselves back from clearing the shelves and leaving nothing for the other shoppers and coupon-ers.  It takes some time, and I follow a couple blogs that help me to know where to find the best deals, but it is definitely worth it for us.  I don't know if I will ever be able to buy things full price again other than milk and eggs and bread since we can't stock up on those things and they usually don't have coupons.  It is too fun, and it has made us organize our shelves and cupboards to see how we can make it all fit. . . I know, rough life we have here!  We got more this week than we usually will, but we enjoyed our start.
This is more for my record, but this week we got. . . 
  • 20 boxes of cereal
  • 8 boxes of potatoes
  • 6 boxes of fruit snacks
  • 5 boxes of granola bars
  • 20 personal pizzas
  • 6 cake mixes
  • 6 cans of frosting
  • 5 bottles of Life water
  • 4 ravioli
  • 10 canned vegetables
  • 6 Deoderants
  • 2 boxes Ziploc Bags
  • 4 Pilot pens
  • 20 BIC ballpoint pens
  • 2 bottles of shampoo
  • 1 razor
  • 1 can shaving cream
  • 1 bottle of body wash
  • 2 packs of gum
  • 2 boxes of feminine products
Total spent this week: $45.00 and more than $10.00 coming back in mail-in-rebates

Next week we will see what we can get for less than $15 unless I am in the hospital, which I am kind of hoping for. . . that isn't usually what someone wants, but in my case, it is welcomed and I can't wait!

No comments: