Wednesday, August 11, 2010

C'mon Girl! You can do it!

Lately anyone and everyone is wondering when this baby is going to come.  I have never been asked so many times.  I went to 2 stores yesterday and anyone that had to pass by me in the aisle while I was figuring out what to get, or that I had to pass by or have any sort of interaction with asked the question that I wish I had a better answer for.  I really do wish I knew when this little girl would come, and all I know is that my doctor assured me that this baby would definitely be out by the end of the month whether she liked it or not.  I am due in a week and a half and each day could not be going any slower.  Honestly!  I am about ready to sign up for a marathon, rock climbing, weight lifting, sky diving, roller coasters, jump roping, anything.  All through pregnancy I have had to be careful to not do anything that could possibly pop this little baby out, and now I am feeling quite the opposite :)
I went to cub scouts yesterday and we did a little service project along the river where we put chicken wire around the base of the trees so the beavers wouldn't gnaw them down.  We had 5 adults and 10 cub scouts.  All the adults were very careful to make sure I didn't do anything but supervise the boys.  I offered to get down and dirty and to haul stuff around along the river bank so maybe this baby would start doing her thing in there to come out. . . just maybe.  All I got was some sympathy laughs, "Nice try!", and a "Yeah right, I am not delivering!  I'll stick with the chicken wire!"
David finished his class yesterday with a presentation that went well, so now we really are ready for her.  I was worried she would decide to come right before that presentation, but she was very thoughtful and held on.  But we have told her many times now that she is free to come. . . pretty please!
I have also been told multiple times that I don't look miserable enough to be having a baby yet.  No I'm not miserable, just too excited.  For the last two or three weeks we have been told "She could come any day!"  So we got really excited and tried to mentally prepare ourselves two or three weeks ago, and we are still waiting.  No fair that everyone gets our hopes up!  So now it is more of "She better come any day now!"  or "I don't want to be pregnant at my next week's doctor's appointment!"
We are just a little anxious and I know that she will come when she's ready, but can't someone just tell us when that is so each day is not a waiting game that she keeps winning?
Today is supposed to be rainy and stormy all day.  I was wanting to go swimming. . . hmm maybe a good zap would get her going.. . . I promise I am kidding and will not try to get zapped by lightning.. . promise!  I will stay indoors today and try to learn how to be as miserable as possible so I can have this baby sooner! We will get the word out as quick as we can once she comes. . . wish us luck as I know there is no skill that I have that will pop her and her regular baby sized (please not too big) body out!

1 comment:

Steve and Nykele said...

I so know what you mean right now and I'm even like two and a half weeks behind you! I feel like the whole first part of the pregnancy zoomed by and now that I am so close it is dragging! Good luck with everything though! I'm jealous that you are so dang close!