Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One month ago. . .

I can't believe I have a one month old baby!  It is still unreal to me.  I hold her and love her like crazy, but I still can't really believe she's our baby.  We aren't just babysitting.  What is even weirder is calling her my daughter.  I have a daughter!  I am a mom. . . can't be.
Those last couple months of pregnancy seemed to last forever as we were waiting for Katelyn's arrival, and now since she's been here, it honestly seems like yesterday I was sitting in the hospital with my epidural calmly waiting for her all day.  Time has flown by so quick!
Here she is with a newborn sized outfit on.  Amber found it this weekend and it was so new and still had the tags on it.  It was too cute and deserved to be worn so we put it on anyways.
Her legs stretch all the way to the little footies, and her little belly peeks out a little.  Cute :)  With a full diaper, those pants sag a little more than usual :)
These pants also have cute ruffles on the bottom which make them extra cute!  She just had to wear them.
For her one month birthday celebration she had a bath!  That sounds gross, like she hasn't had one before, but she has had plenty.  So this bath isn't that exciting really.  
Oh, she didn't cry one bit during this bath, so I guess that is what made this bath so special!

I got to shower today too, so it must be a good day!
Katelyn often looks annoyed.  Maybe she's mad at how immodest she is. . . but she's a cute naked baby :) 
Katelyn has had a little extra chub since she's been born.  I love that I have to wash inside all her rolls and folds.  I especially like this one on her wrist.
 If you look closely (sorry if this is too gross) you can see all the lint from those darn pants with footies.
Don't worry.  I cleaned those cute little toes.
 
She got to wear an outfit that really fits her.  I love this face she has here too. . . a little worried about something :)
After eating and a bath, she started to get sleepy.  This is a tough life right? Yawns are cute too, sorry.
A few snuggles, hugs, kisses and lovin' it is time to sleep!

She gives me these little smirks as she doses off. . . cute again!
 A few more naps and some full diapers filled up her day though I thought I would spare everyone those pictures.  David and I ate cupcakes to celebrate.  I am sure she wouldn't want any.  We went shopping which was great except Katelyn does not like riding in the car.  We are still trying to figure her out on that one.
We did find out that she sleeps mighty fine on her side. I am still getting up with her every 2-4 hours.  Last night there was a 5 hour period. . . loved it!  But she doesn't have to sleep on us and we can sleep while she does.  Hooray!
For my record. . . at a 4 week appointment last week she weighed 10 pounds 9 ounces. . . that's my big baby!

No comments: