Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nana

Today is Nana's birthday and I can't help but think about her.  She might have terrible memory and wouldn't remember this last visit I had with her, let alone how old she is today (no matter how many times we tell her) but she is such a happy and silly lady.  She knows quite a few songs and once she starts singing, it is hard to get her to stop.  She loves singing and loves any attention.  She has a song to go with everything, and will dance a little jitterbug too if you are lucky!

Here's a picture of the classy lady all dressed up in her toilet paper wedding gown and accessories at my bridal shower.  I had help with my look from a different crew and mine isn't quite as sophisticated as hers turned out :)
 When I was home last month we went out to eat and cousins, first Liam and then Katelyn joined in, insisted on holding Nana's hands as we walked.  Cute stuff!


Happy Birthday to my sweet Nana!  I think she's 87 today.  We love her so much and love her silly cheerfulness she passed on down through the genes. (I know exactly what she would say about passing things through her genes and it makes me giggle)

No comments: