Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One Month Old

Davy has been such an awesome baby!  He is one month old now and it isn't fair that time goes so quick once the baby is here.  That last month of pregnancy felt like an eternity...again!

This little guy eats and sleeps like a champ.  From the beginning he has let us put him down to sleep and he doesn't need to be held all the time...unlike Katelyn.  She demanded our attention from the start, and I said many prayers that I would be able to manage having two kids and having a good sleeper must have been that answer to my prayers.  I am a little nervous that some day I am going to forget him somewhere because he is so quiet and the whole idea that I have two kids now hasn't entirely sunk in.  

His eating has been going great too...YAY!  Nursing did hurt for the first week between the nursing induced cramping in my belly, to the ready-to-burst feeling of the arrival of the milk, to the tenderness that comes from not nursing anyone for a year or so, but it all only lasted for about a week! 

He is growing bigger and bigger and I don't doubt that he might pass up his cute itty bitty cousin, Mikilah who is about 6 months older.  Christine and I were joking about it yesterday, and then I got his stats today at his appointment and I wouldn't be surprised.  He is average/tall for his age at 22 1/2 inches now (75th%) but a heavyweight.

His weight as a newborn: 9 pounds 10 ounces...leaving the hospital 9 pounds 6 ounces
His weight at 2 1/2 weeks: 10 pounds 6 ounces
His weight at one month: 11 pounds 8 ounces

Mikilah at almost 7 months: 13 pounds 12 ounces

Eat up Mikilah!  This little guy might get bigger than you so if you don't learn to crawl fast or run before we see you next, he might pin you down! :)

This sweet boy will search for food if he is awake.  If anything touches his cheeks, he thinks it is food and he goes wild for it.  Katelyn thinks it is pretty funny and it cracks her up. 

We took some pictures this weekend of our new family of four and we love them.  You also get a sneak preview of my headboard that I made and painted.  I love it, and David thinks it is unnecessary, but he likes it...I think he likes it because I like it and reused wood and paint we already had so it didn't cost him anything.  I bet if we ever needed firewood, it would be the first to go!

I had some ideas before I started taking these pictures, but my baby is too big for most of the ideas...but we love him anyways because I still got some good pictures of him.  We also did not do any naked shots because he gets too excited when his diaper comes off and has peed and pooed WAY too many times for me to let him on my bed.  He got me three times in one day...boys!  You can see his grandpa-ish hair line.  A little balder on top than on the sides.  He wears it well!














 I love the peaceful aspect that a newborn brings into the home.  He is so cozy and easy to snuggle up with being so squishy and soft.  We love him and I am loving the sleep that he lets me have.  I am much happier and sane when I get my sleep and I appreciate it so much!  We can't complain about this little boy of ours!  We are keeping him!


2 comments:

heathiebot said...

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous headboard, gorgeous baby! Nice work!

Crissa Rae said...

I could picture him passing up MY baby who is over 13 months... but probably not even 20 lbs yet... What can I say. We make small babies! And she had some struggles that didn't help her out much when she was little(r). Love your pics, and your headboard! :) Your kids are adorable, too, and I can't believe how big Katelyn is getting!