Sunday, June 23, 2013

Beauty Rest

This girl...

She takes a nap nearly every day and I am always a giggling mess when she wakes up. She usually likes to sit with me and be snuggled for a bit as she waits off the grogginess and I am always impressed with what her nap has done to her hair. 

Her nap on Saturday was a good one.  

When she went down for her nap, she had her hair in a pony tail...just a simple one like this...
I love her hair lately! She rocks the pig tails, pony tails or it looks cute air dried with her natural curls that she likes to fluff on her own ;) 

Anyways....she went down for her nap and opted to sleep on the livingroom floor. She woke up and then leaned against the couch (which I snagged out of a dumpster!) and fell back asleep for like half an hour! Looks comfy huh? And Davy is creepin' as it looks like he is calling for help as the cozy couch swallows him whole!

Here is a look at the damage done this time.  Remember her smooth pony tail? The rubber bands always disappear and I never find them again and now she is sporting a voluminous curly fluff mullet on this side...
...and here's the other side that got a bit kinky! She is a sweaty sleeper and once she's out, the water works start up and so that seems to be a "helpful" factor in this nap time hairstyling.

She takes her time waking up.  She is always up for a snuggle and loves to be loved, but after nap time she is very sensitive and soft-hearted and gets so sad if she can't have that snuggle with me. It is a tender moment that I have to drop what ever I am doing because it is a special time to her that she needs me for those few minutes and I love it too!
It isn't long before she is awake and ready to go and full of her smiles! 
These kiddos are great! I enjoy Katelyn's wild hair when she wakes up and it is growing long and those stray kinky curls usually find a way to wisp and tickle my face like crazy. It just adds to her spunk and I like calling her Einstein...she's got the hair and the wit!

....and Davy wins all the awards for the most chill baby in the world. You have to watch out for him though...if you get close enough he is like a Venus Fly Trap and will snatch you up and pull you in and sink his toothless gums on you leaving his trail of slobber.  And you can't put him down because he will stare you down with his beautiful eyes with super long eyelashes! He knows exactly what my weakness is. He's such a stud!









No comments: