Monday, February 15, 2010

Little Baby Rudd

I got to go to the doctor for a more in depth visit.  I got to really get to know my doctor and she is going to be great!  She asked me a million questions about anything that even partially relates to pregnancy and it was great. She is a couple months ahead of me with her own pregnancy and I feel that she really knows exactly what I need to know about what to expect and what I should do/don't do or what to worry about.
I also had my first ultrasound today.  It really did make this whole pregnancy SO real for me.  I am completely new to all of this, so I just go with the flow with a question here and there.  I absolutely loved the ultrasound though.  I was able to see the baby and it was twisting and turning in side of me.  I was able to see it's little heart beating too.  That heart goes so fast!  The baby was just hanging out in there!  It is still pretty little, but about the size of a lemon.  I can't feel much going on in there, but by the ultrasound, it is definitely alive and active!  It was so fun!  My next ultrasound isn't for another 7 weeks! I wish I could see what's going on all the time!  Especially for this first one.  Love it!
I can't wait for this pregnancy to fly by. . . I hope!  I am already going into my 2nd trimester and I will start showing soon!  I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. . . I want both, not at the same time though.  I did find out that there is only one little baby in there :)  I have been wondering, and it was nice to have that question answered.  I feel so lucky and so blessed to have made it through the first trimester where so many people struggle with sickness and even miscarriage.  I can't wait for the end of summer to come and David and I can add to our little family.  I can't wait for the days when we can hold our new baby and really be a Mom and Dad for once!  David will be the cutest Dad ever!  We are just thrilled!

Today seemed like a wonderful extension of Valentine's Day!  We couldn't be happier!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

We are sooo excited for you guys!! I bet the ultrasound was super fun and a little weird at the same time.

You guys are going to be great parents!! :)
We can't wait to meet baby Rudd!