Monday, February 8, 2010

Today was the day!

I was finally able to get in to see a doctor!  We found out that I am 12 weeks pregnant and  my due date is August 22!!!!  We were really excited to get this all straightened out.  Since Christmas we have been trying to figure out how to get someone to tell us that all these "great" changes to my body were for the better!  The insurance was such a hassle, and I think it has all been cleared up!  Student teaching hasn't helped me schedule anything either, but FINALLY!!!  We have been soooooooo anxious to find out and we are so relieved that it is mostly settled.  . . . I say mostly because I have been thinking A LOT about the idea that I could possibly have more than one little one in there . . . yikes!!!  I have another appointment in a week that should clarify that and give us more specifics, so until then, I will not be completely settled!

We are really excited for the future addition to our family!  This whole things is quite the adventure!  I have been enjoying plenty of guides to a healthy pregnancy and I think I am looking forward to the second half of this!  I have been VERY lucky not to really have any morning sickness.  I have had plenty of the other symptoms which I could go on about.  So if you really wanted to know, then feel free to ask :)

I am still a little shocked as this is all sinking in and becoming real!  I had a million questions running through my head and had no idea about any of them I was so excited to hear the due date.  A lot of my questions were answered and the rest were just not as important as the exciting news I guess!
 This picture is for those of you who are wondering. . . Dad especially.  I am not really showing at all, just a little pudgy around the belly:)  I still wear all my normal clothes so Dad there is not a need for Spandex onsies, and there never will be either, sorry :)    I know you were hopeful, but it's not going to happen.  I am excited for when I really do look like I am pregnant and not just gaining weight.  First grade isn't that bad on the body, but I am sure the other teachers, and maybe the kids, are starting to wonder if this is the right profession for me! I think I will have to tell them soon!
I am really excited to be a mom and can't wait to have a little one running circles around me!  David is working hard to provide for our little family so that I will be able to be home with the baby when it comes.  He will be an amazing dad.  He has been taking good care of me to make sure that I am staying healthy and not doing anything to hurt the baby.  He is excited to teach the new baby all sorts of things about ping pong and accounting.  He will be the cutest dad and he is already a proud parent of the baby-to-be!  I am one lucky girl to have married him!  I still have the biggest crush on that boy and he never forgets to kiss me goodnight :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

August 22nd!! yay!!! We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait to meet the little one either!

dave- we are sure that you will teach him great ping-pong as well as tennis skills :)

Little Bare Family said...

I am so excuted for you Lorry! Congrats! I think that you should tell the kids soon or they will pull a Brooks and say something rude. haha

Anonymous said...

Hey Lorry,
I was just talking to Julia on the phone and she said you are calling so you are probably talking to her right now. Congratulations! It must be really exciting for you and David. I hope, that the three of you will come to Germany soon so that Julia and I can see the baby, too (:
Greetings from Nuremberg,
Julie