Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thanks Dad for making me So Funny!

I went home to visit my parents and my youngest brother and sister.  I pulled a little joke. . .  I promise David didn't have any idea I did this, though Abby and Luke did. . .  and it looks like my Dad was the one I tricked!  I woke up to this email this morning that had me crying I was laughing so hard!

Practical Joker's Beware

Lorry Rudd you scoundrel!!
    You thought I wouldn't find out who set the booby trap in my freezer, didn't you?  I'll remember this one for a long time for sure.  I know you know what I'm talking about, and I bet your husband set you up to it because when you came in that night we were all eating our Blizzards while you and David had to just watch. . . . . . . .   Sooooooooo gooooooood !!!!!  Well, what you guys did was unforgivable, and just not nice.
    For the rest of you, curious to know what happened, here's the 'rest of the story'.  David & Lorry were traveling to be with us for the weekend, not arriving until after 9 pm.  Abby, Luke & I went to KaHS's B-Ball game and on the way home, Abby left with Kaylee and Luke & I enjoyed an aftergame treat, Blizzards at DQ.  When we got home, there's Lorry & David, just arrived minutes before us.  David was giving me the eye, looking at my Blizzard, wondering where his was, and Lorry, could care less, being pregnant and all like she was.  Well, after a while, I went out for pizza and came back - no Blizzards, just pizza!!  no one stopped to look in our well stocked freezer of ice cream goodies, . . . no they wanted a Blizzard!!    Well, the night passed, pizza and a bowl of ice cream had to do for the night.
    Next day, I had errands, refereed a couple of B-ball games, watched Luke play, then home for the day cleaning up the yard, pruning and spraying trees, boring stuff.  I don't think David & Lorry were out of bed yet!  Oh, I take that back, Lorry was tripping around making noise in the kitchen, so she was up.  Later in the day, Lorry & David take off to runs some errands and they take 2 for 1 DQ coupons with Abby & Luke (?) while I continue to labor outside.  Nothing much else happened that day, so into Sunday morning, making breakfast I happen to see this DQ cup with what looks like half full of someone's uneaten Blizzard.  I ask around, no one comments about it, so I just leave it alone.  David & Lorry leave, going back to Boise.  A couple of days go by, maybe Wednesday evening, when kids are gone to MIA and Gigi was at a class, . . . I snoop around for something for dinner.  Opening the freezer, here's this cup again, . . . .no one has touched it.  Hmmmmm!!  So I take it and try to break off a little bite, to see what flavor it is, . . . and man that thing is hard as a rock!  just a very little crumb or flake is broken off and I nearly ran a fork through my hand as it pierced the sidewall of the paper cup.  Tasted like a salty nut, . . . odd!!  So I try another taste, again almost severing my hand off this time trying to get a bigger chunk of it to break off.  Again, another little flake.  Same reaction, not creamy or chocolatety at all.  not real nasty, but definitely not good like ice cream.  So I just put it away for another attempt maybe later.
    The kids come home and I asked Abby, "Whose DQ Blizzard is that in the freezer?"  And she gets the biggest smile on her face.  I look at Luke who hadn't registered yet, . . . Abby trying to give him a clue or face gesture, but not connecting.  Then all of a sudden he does understand and they both break out laughing.  Your mom & I just look at each other, wondering if they got enough 'gray matter', being the last two kids and the gene pool was maybe running a little low by then.
    So Abby goes into this description of what Lorry did with her afternoon Cassedia left-overs.  It seems that there was about half a DQ Cup worth of refried beans left in the pan, and she got the bright idea to save them in her empty DQ cup.  They looked remarkably like a chocolate, brownie-fudge with nuts DQ Blizzard.  Could've fooled me!!
        So that's my little story of the mysterous DQ cup.  I'll remember to return the favor some day.  Love DAD

I had no idea that refried beans. . . with a little bit of taco seasoning. . . could look so much like chocolate!   As I prepared the fancy treat I could have sworn it really looked like poop and that no one would ever think to try and eat it!  Maybe it looks different when you freeze it :)  Dad sure is hooked on his ice cream and he will risk his flesh and blood to just get a taste!  And he went for two tastes!!!!  
I never imagined you would make me such a great prankster Dad.  Thanks for all your support :)  You can have the rest of that Blizzard. . . it is all yours!  Just think of it as chocolate ice cream swirled with nuts and chewy brownie! Love you Dad!  I promise.

1 comment:

Mark & Rachel said...

Lorry-I came across your blog from Emilys too! Haha. Im so excited that you are going to be a mom! You will be amazing!!!