Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Who would have thought!

This being pregnant sure does have its twists and turns!  Last Thursday was the day that it seemed that my belly went from looking a little chubby to pregnant.  It seemed to just pop on out there and I definitely wasn't ready for it!  I was nearly in tears that morning as I was getting ready to go teach.  David had just left for work, and I was frantically trying on clothes to see what would be good enough for the day.  Ugh!  What a disaster.  I was ready to put on some sweatpants and call it a day.  My pants seemed to just barely button and when they did button, I looked and felt like I was spilling out of them.. . . especially as I bent over to put on my shoes and socks, so so so uncomfortable!  Pretty gross feeling to me!  I was trying to find a clean shirt that was a little loose so that maybe I could hide the new muffin top I was showing off for the day.  Not too much luck.  I put a shirt on and threw a jacket on over that and called it good enough!  Quite the frustrating morning.  So as I went through the day, I couldn't stop thinking about this new belly of mine. . . it didn't seem as cute as I was hoping it would be.  I was not ready to show it of by any means.
On my way home from school, I stopped at the mall.  I had to find something to wear for Friday that actually fit...after all it was class picture day.  Great!  This was just what I needed.  David and I had talked about me needing some maternity clothes, but I had no idea that I would need some this soon.  I started looking around on my own.  I didn't want to buy a whole new wardrobe as I didn't want to spend ALL of David's hard earned money without him having any idea of this adventure I was having.  So I set out to at least buy a new pair of pants and a shirt so I could at least look ok for pictures the next day.  The maternity clothes I saw looked like those "mom jeans" that seem to enlarge and magnify the booty in all the wrong ways.  So I steered clear of those.  I had heard the maternity store clothes were all so expensive and overpriced so I wasn't too excited to hunt those down either.  I settled for a bigger pair of jeans and I found a cute shirt that isn't maternity, but it is the baby doll style that gives a little belly room.  I felt ok with this and went on home.
I got home and wanted to show David what I had bought.  I tried the shirt on and it was great.  He realized that the pants were just regular pants and that I was just going to grow out of them in a month or two.  I didn't know what to say because he was right.  So I told him all about my day and how "great" it was.  I told him about the clothes I found for pregnant women and begged him not to make me buy them.  I was in no way ready to look like a big booty waddling woman with a tent draped over my shoulders!  I wasn't going for it yet.  I would rather spill out of my little clothes and just wear a big sign that said, "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!"
David was a good as a man gets!  I think he's been reading some pregnancy books for men or something because he nailed it!  He told me how cute and beautiful and adorable and wonderful I looked with the little baby bump along with lots of hugs and kisses. . . it couldn't have been better.  He put on his shoes and socks and was ready to go out shopping for some maternity clothes that I liked that had a little more style and cute pregnant shape to them.  Sadly by that time the stores were closing, but he really tried.  We scheduled our Friday night date night for my much needed shopping trip.  He was actually reall excited to go and looked up all the maternity stores around here and mapped out our date.
By the second store, I had found what I needed.  I got some COMFORTABLE pants that let me move, bend over, and do what I wanted!  I found a few shirts that had no resemblance to a tent and even a dress to!
I can honestly say that I am now glad to be pregnant again.  I was caught a little off guard when my belly popped out over night!  I thought it would be a little more gradual, but I guess I can't be so lucky all the time.  I don't feel the need to try and suck in the belly anymore as it is no use.  My students have started asking if I am pregnant now too.  About four kids ask each day.  Luckily I am since they are so honest!  When they ask, I just say, "YA! I'm going to have a baby!"  They think I am kidding and they look puzzled as to if I am or not.  They'll figure it out!

So here is a picture of my new look.  I have my new pants on so no spilling!  Hooray!  I am 17 weeks along and I have my next appointment in a week.  I might get to find out if it is a boy or a girl, but I think that it is a big might.  I am hoping, but we will see if my doctor will let me find out a little early.  I was told I would find out at 20 weeks so I will be a couple weeks ahead of schedule, so we will see.  Of course the little baby would have to cooperate and be willing to expose itself too!
David will be coming with me for this appointment so I hope we get to find out together!  David has been way too good to me and I can't thank and hug and kiss him enough!  He really is great and tries so hard to understand his role in this pregnancy whatever it is:)  I couldn't have asked for more!  He's a pro coach already and takes care of me and my wimpy complaints!  He is VERY excited to get this little baby reading, writing, playing ping pong, potty trained, walking, talking, and starting it's own business once it is here:)  He has it all planned out.  He can't wait to be a dad!  I am excited too, just getting used to this new look.  I don't know that I ever thought about my gut and my butt ever looking so similar from the side!!!!  :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

You look adorable!! So cute Lorry!!