Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Geography Lessons

For Christmas I got a new puzzle of the world.  I was honestly excited for it!  Maybe it is the teacher in me, but I was excited to put it together.  I was determined to do it without using the box and for the most part we were successful.  David didn't think doing it without the box was very fun so he opted to hold Katelyn so she wouldn't eat our puzzle.
 The outside has the latitude and longitude numbers and letters so that was pretty simple.  The ocean seemed like it would be tricky, but there were facts about each country and each country was listed alphabetically so that helped with that a lot.  Then we did the countries and most of the countries are individual pieces.  The big countries are spread across multiple pieces and the tiny countries were sometimes combined into one piece. I knew which continent each country belonged to, but David had a hard time with that.  That's probably because of my geography class in college :)
This has got to be the cheesiest family picture with the completed puzzle, but as you can see, I was a little excited and David and Katelyn went along with it for me.  I loved doing it and had a hard time wanting to take a break.  Katelyn wanted to help quite a bit but we are such mean parents and just made her watch.  Maybe someday she will be able to really help without sucking on the pieces.

No comments: