Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Special Extra Long Weekend

David got back from his audit trip and I got home from my parents and we were excited for the long weekend ahead.  Neither of us wanted to worry about dinner, so I grabbed a coupon and we headed off to Olive Garden and let them take care of the cooking and clean up.  Like I always do, I ate too much salad and bread sticks and was only able to take a few bites of my meal that I couldn't pronounce...but it tasted delicious!  We boxed up our meals and had them the next day for lunch and they were still so tasty!

Saturday we went for a walk/run with Katelyn (where David went through the poky stickers that he took out so fast he was hoping I wouldn't notice the flat tires) and then relaxed most of the rest of the day.  Nothing fancy, just unpacked and relaxed.

Sunday was very nice as well.  I taught my lesson to my girls and it went great.  They are almost always behaving and we had a new girl move into our ward and I think she felt very welcomed by the girls.  In Primary, we sang songs the whole time and the chorister made brownies for all the kids.  She told them all about how soft and chocolatey and yummy they were and had everyone drooling.  But, she said that EVERYONE had to sing the whole time if they even wanted a chance to taste those brownies.  The oldest boys class in primary NEVER sings as they feel it is silly and they say they aren't good singers.  The whole 30 minutes of singing time, those boys were singing loud and proud and wanted to be sure that their brownies weren't given away to their parents.  They seemed to be almost pleading with the chorister as they worriedly sang for that brownie. They were willing to be silly and they wanted the whole building to hear their "terrible" voices. It was very fun and they had great voices.  Those boys will do anything for brownies!

Monday David worked on our bed frame again.  He's too proud of it to give up on it, but it seems like it needs a lot of work.  David's solution this time was to level off and re-cut the legs so they were all the same.  He felt very manly using his new circular saw.  He got cutting and decided he wanted to trim everything down.  I think he just liked using his saw!  He made more work for himself though and ended up taking all day to put it back together. He was exhausted and wore out.  He was proud of his work though and all that work he did seems to have paid off.  The frame is definitely sturdier and doesn't wiggle one bit!  It looks a lot better too having everything cut evenly and crisp.  Not too shabby!

Tuesday was our 3 year anniversary!  David took the day off of work and we made a fun day out of it!  It started with a job interview that went really well and we are hoping it turns out well too.  David has been nervous and excited about it for the last two weeks!  After the morning of interviews, we headed to the park for a picnic lunch.  Nice and simple.

We forgot our stroller, but were saved when a friend let us borrow theirs for the day and we headed to the zoo.  I was excited about it and David and Katelyn just went along with my excitement.  The weather scared us as I dressed for warm sunny weather and it started raining when we got to the zoo.  It cleared up quick though and was beautiful for the rest of the time we were there.

Some of the animals put on quite the show for us...
This prairie dog made me think of you dad ;)
 These goats are fiesty.  If you have food, they love you.  If not, they could care less about you.
 The penguins swam around and did some loops and turns for us.  Katelyn and I were mesmerized by them!

Some of the animals weren't quite as excited for the visitors... but this leopard was still very pretty.

This sleepy animal of some sort missed the memo about the hammock and slept on the hard wood...
This is what we paid to see?
These prairie dogs were cute.  The bubble dome is also pretty cool.  There is a cement tunnel under the prairie dogs and every once here and there is a dome window that people can stick their heads up to see what the prairie dogs are doing.  Fun idea!
Sleeping tiger...ready go!  I'm sure they were really pretty, but I was a little bummed they were so sleepy.
These monkeys were all snuggled in a row.  I only see two heads, but there are another two in there somewhere.
I like how this monkey just hangs out clinging onto things...
We walked around with the wallabies...

 Here's that pretty leopard again.  I liked her.
 I liked this giraffe slide even more though.
 David like this big tortoise...he was actually moving and looking at us!
 David loves me so much that he was willing to be a tortoise.  What a good sport and a cute tortoise:)
 I liked the lions too...Katelyn wasn't so interested.  A little side note...We were asking one of the zoo workers some questions and she mentioned that her and her husband were volunteers.  Her husband helps out with feeding the lions and carving up the meat they feed them...and he's a vegetarian :)
 The mama lion was watching me very closely
 The giraffes were my favorite.  This mam giraffe likes the bushes on the other side of the fence.

 I wanted a family picture with the giraffe.  David thought I was silly and Katelyn tried to get out of the picture.  The giraffe turned her booty at us.  I didn't have any help on this one.
 But these giraffes were so neat to me.  The mom and her baby were so cool to watch.
 Katelyn woke up as we left and was a happy girl.  If she only knew what she missed out on!  I claimed this trip to the zoo was for Katelyn, but I know that David wasn't fooled by that.

Happy 3 years babe!  I think we are safe to say we aren't newlyweds anymore.  We do have a baby now so that qualifies for something right?  Newlyweds or not, I will always love your goodnight kisses :)



No comments: