Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seriously?!



Katelyn is 10 months old.  I didn't think the time would go so fast.  I am already having to start thinking about her first birthday...well I don't have to, but I am...and nothing fancy...mostly just what kind of cake I should make her for that would make the biggest/cutest mess and blowing lessons so she can blow out her first candle instead of grabbing the flame and getting her first burn. It's not that far away and I can't believe it.  Life goes too fast sometimes and today some moms were talking about first hair cuts and when to register for Kindergarten, and other mom stuff I don't have to worry about yet but it made me think about how fast time has flown by and how time has never really seemed to go slow enough for me except the last month and an extra week of pregnancy that seemed to be longer than these last 10 months Katelyn's been here.  
Katelyn got her first tooth  this month.  Usually the front bottom two come in first.  Katelyn is a little vampire baby and her first two teeth were not any of the front teeth, but the top two next to the buck teeth. The ones on each side next to the canines and the top two front teeth.  Does that make sense?

They have just barely come in so I can't get any good pictures of her fangs yet.  I hope her two front teeth hurry up or she is going to have a goofy looking smile until they can catch up!

Dad has always said that I would be the first to know, and I sure was!  She bit down on me really well, but not how Dad was thinking.  She has been a very calm and nice eater and I have made sure to make her as happy and cozy as I can let her be so she has no reason to bite...yikes!
Katelyn is a million times better at not smacking the spoon away when I feed her the yummy fruits and meats and veggies.  Thank goodness, because it was not funny anymore.  The wall and the blinds still have some of those memories caked on :)
Katelyn is a pro at standing.  She can stand up all on her own in the middle of a room or outside, but she prefers to stand next to something or someone.  

She isn't walking yet...she still hangs on tight to move around until she remembers that crawling is the easier/sturdier/safer mode of transportation.  


She crawls elephant style and pounds her hands down and her legs follow.  She has two speeds...her exploring speed and her "SHE'S GONNA EAT ME!" speed.  She giggles up a storm with a good game of tag with extra tickles and smotherings of kisses.
This is her upset crying face.  The hands behind her head is a new thing she's been doing when she plays with toys and when she's sad...I don't know but look at those muscles :)

She likes closing doors, then screeching to have someone to open the door for her so she can close it again...and screech again...not my favorite.
Spying on the neighbors is always interesting...


She wants to eat whatever we are eating and will come to our feet and beg so pathetically for a bite.

She points with very good form :)

She scrunches up her nose and squints her eyes and snickers and she knows we love it and can't help but smile.

Her dad's whiskers tickle!
Her skin is still so so so soft!  We lotion her up after each bath and her skin is perfect.  Those little feet that struggle to balance, and her little bum so perfectly cushioned for all her falls, and her little round cheeks that are just the perfect plumpness.  She has such a beautiful tint of brown in her skin.  I love it!


In this last picture you can really tell how she is stretching out.  Those arms and legs hang out all over the place when we snuggle up and I can't believe it!  She is growing and changing and learning so fast.  I can't believe how old she looks in this picture.  She's an old baby now!

Her personality is making its entrance as she jabbers away and has a conversation with you or as she "wrestles" and crawls all over us or as she snuggles up letting us know she's sleepy or as she gets upset that she can't pick at the camera lens with her slimy fingers or as she lifts up my shirt when its milk time or as she squirms out of your lap because she wants to go play or as she sings/hollers as she plays on her own.  We love this little girl so much and can't even begin to imagine the new things she will learn and the millions of memories we will get to make with her. 

1 comment:

Crissa Rae said...

Haha! I love it! She is getting so big! I love her swimsuit! :) Way cute! I can't believe Kiely will be 2 in just under 2 months... Time really does go by so fast! Funny story about the brown tint to her skin... I forgot how David has brown tint to his skin, and was just thinking, "Man! They must play outside a lot, because she sure is tan!" (Not that you don't play outside lots, I just was blaming it on the sun instead of on her genes!) :)