Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Who planned that?

This year's birthday was quite the celebration.  I had no idea everyone was so excited to celebrate ;)  I went home for a visit and brought David this time. . . and Katelyn too.  I am pretty sure that everyone would make us go back if we didn't bring baby Katelyn...or is her name Natalie?  Eddie and Emme were a little confused which baby she was.  So we arrived Friday night and Chad and Amber and kids, and Ben were already there.  Brooks and John brought their giant great dane friends Duke, Gus, and Daisy (I think I made up Daisy, but that's what we'll call her for now)  They were all there for this big birthday weekend I am sure.

Friday night we stayed up way too late playing Famous People and since Katelyn slept the whole car ride, she even stayed up with us!  We all got good laughs at Dad trying to act out Hootie and the Blowfish, and Brooks reading Johns special spelling of the artist Van Gogh as Vango...kinda like Rango the movie right?  Thanks to David, Rachel Ray is now Mexican.  And Will had some input on the game even though spelling some of the names is the toughest part!  Like Herkyalees?  And medl man? and vatasic 4?  We were all a lot lost a lot of the time, but luckily David didn't have to moon everyone this time to get them to guess Joe the Plumber.
We all went to bed and passed out until the sun came up and we must have had enough sleep by then so we headed out for a little tennis tournament.  Very official.  Ben slinky-ed his arm through the gate since we had misplaced the key and we were whacking away!  It was a bright sunny morning, perfect for tennis!









 Dad, you are a cheatin' fool :)  Stay on your side!
 This was probably one of those lucky hits that I was just staring at thinking the point was over!



John and Chad both beat me the first game and I couldn't lose for my birthday's sake, so I buckled down and made them sweat!  They think I was the one to beat since I am the only one with real tennis lesson experience.  I never got to play Ben though...he's tough to beat with his tricky hits.  Chad and John surprised me and made me work hard for those wins and whenever I thought I had them, they would pull out a lucky hit or ace me on a serve.  Dad claimed he beat me, two games out of three, but I remember how it went now.  We played three points..maybe..and David came back from his potty break and Dad called it quits before the first game was even over and put David in there.  I think he was a little scared or something ;)

We then ate some french toast and then headed off to Luke's Lift-A-Thon.  Holy Moly!  Luke raised quite a bit of money!  Some people said they would give hime 2-3 cents for every pound he lifted.  That doesn't seem like any donation at all, but they knew better.  Luke did 4 different lifts.  He lifted 250 in the bench press (not is personal best, but still WAY more than the little boys next to him lifting 70 pounds).  Then he squatted 495 pounds!  The bar was bending over his back and I thought his eyeballs were about to pop out!  He went for 500, but just barely couldn't get it!  He seriously had the whole weight room full of about 100 people watching him!  He is the one to beat in the squats!!!  In the power cling he lifted 295 for a new personal record and then topped it off with another personal best of 445 for the dead lift.  So he lifted a total of 1,485 pounds!!!!  That is insane!  It was pretty cool to watch though!  He raised about $700 for his football team.  That's my brother!


 The Ultimate Cheer Squad.  You would lift more too if we were cheering you on :)



 Sweaty friends...Luke and Forrest
 Then we all got ready for Abby's graduation.  She has grown up to be such a beautiful girl and I am so excited for her to go to college.  We all cheered our throats raw for her and made her proud!  As she walked in she was looking around for us among all the cheering people and finally found us.  She kept looking back at us just to make sure we were still there :)  We all can't believe she's all grown up and reminiscing about when we graduated all those years ago.  What a fun and exciting time in her life!

 We headed home and got some fruit and treats ready for the party.  Mom and Dad planned this party with 5 other families so it took the load off of them a lot and we didn't have too much to worry about.  It was nice to share the prep work with everyone!

Who knew that this party wasn't planned for me?  There were lots of people invited but I didn't know a lot of them.  None of the gifts or cards with money in them had my name on them.  Maybe they just got a little confused?  Obviously somebody didn't get the message that it was my birthday because the cake had a basketball, a football, some books, and some graduation hats, and I really only like basketball and there weren't even any candles for me to blow out.  There was good food and even better treats so I was okay with that.  Next year I will be sure to let everyone know so we don't have to worry about this confusion at the party again :)





 When she falls asleep on you, she slowly moves into positions like this or other similar uncomfy positions.


Saturday night the boys went off and played soccer and I was determined to get Katelyn down for some real sleep.  She wanted to stay up and paint nails with us instead and she tried her hardest but got more nail polish on her pajamas and smeared on the tile.  We'll have to practice.  Emme practiced on me and I ended up with three dark blue nails, two light blue nails and fingers, one orange nail, and one gold sparkley nail.  My toes got painted a mauve color and my toenails were lucky enough to get some of that mauve color too :)  Emme is quite the artist!

It was a wonderful birthday weekend even though all the parties, cakes, ceremonies and presents were for Abby.  I think she worked a little bit for them.  I think she got a total of maybe 10 hours of sleep over that weekend, and possibly 20 for the week.  I asked her if she would get to sleep in this week and she said, "Well I do have to work at 3 each day."  I guess that only means she gets to sleep in a little bit ;)

Sunday I was serenaded the ever-wonderful Happy Birthday song.  I have never heard it sound so tired.  I think we were all ready to crash and head back into hibernation for awhile.  We were all too excited to sleep and we don't see each other enough so we have to spend every ounce of energy together playing until we get delirious or someone decides to watch a movie.

Never a dull moment at home with the Bare clan even if we are all running off of a handful of hours of sleep!

No comments: