Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hi Mom and Dad!

A couple weeks ago I was able to go home and see Mom and Dad and play around with Matt, Abby and Luke too.  I left Portland on Thursday night and came back on Sunday morning in time to go to church with David.  It was a nice little trip for the few days.  I figured that David wouldn’t miss me too much since he works so much of the day. 

When I got home on Thursday night, everyone kept saying they were going to bed, but I think we were all up talking ‘til midnight. . . and Mom and I just kept chatting away ‘til 1:30 or so.  It was nice to be home!

On Friday we all went to Yakima to watch Abby’s basketball game.  It was a fun one.  The teams kept flopping who was ahead and so it kept us all anxious to see who would pull out in the end. . . and Abby’s team won!  It is such a better car ride home when you win.


On Saturday was the game against Richland.  This was the one we were all excited about.  This was the team that gave Abby the pretty black eye earlier in the season. 


In memory of Abby’s pretty war wound, Dad used some of Mom’s eyeliner to give himself a real pretty black eye.  He was definitely seen by all that night and Abby’s team and coach really thought it was pretty cool looking.  Everyone else in the gym that didn’t know him were all trying to figure out if it was real or not.  Dad had fun with it.

The game didn’t go so well though.  The referees were frustrating and were calling every little thing on her team.  Five of her team’s nine players fouled out so they had to play most of the fourth quarter with only four girls on the court.  They were winning until all of their starters were fouled out.  It was such an irritating game and we thought that Abby’s team deserved to win that one for sure. . . but those refs controlled that one.  We all pouted and griped about that game all night.  Abby and her team played really well and Abby was a powerhouse of a post down low!   She did awesome against their big girl.  Abby said that she started to get frustrated because she could never do anything when Abby was guarding her.  Once Abby got her 5 fouls, that girl scored so many points.  Nobody could guard her as well as Abby did.

Luke’s game on the other hand was, uh, how do I say this. . . I think I am safe to say that it was interesting.  They don’t have anyone who can really dribble the ball. . . well there was one guy, but he was over 6 feet tall so his dribble wasn’t so quick like it needed to be. . . that ball took a long time to go all the way down to the ground and back up.  Luke had a good 8 points or so.  He even made a lay up type of shot off of a break away.  His team has some outside shooters, but they are lucky if the ball hits the backboard, let alone the rim.  They also have some baseball players that have passes that might rip an arm off if anyone tried to reach to catch them.  Dad asked me what he should coach them on during half time and I didn’t know where to start.  They were quite the church ball team!  Luke had fun and was proud of his points that he had . . . if anyone said anything about his turnovers, he just made sure that they remembered those 8 points he scored! Good game Luke!

The rest of the time while I was home I got to go to the temple with Mom, I went and redeemed a coupon for a pedicure that I got from my bridal shower (I know it has been so long, but I have been busy the other times I was home), and the rest of the time we all just sat around and talked.  It was such a good visit.  I did miss David and he was excited to see me when I came home which was nice.  While I was home, and had a queen sized bed to myself, I realized how much I move around and use the whole thing.  No wonder David says it is like a wrestling match to keep me on my side at night… I thought he was just complaining but I think he’s right.  He’s a good sport and doesn’t make me sleep on the ground!  Thanks Babe!

No comments: