Friday, February 13, 2009

The hunt for Chili's


So ever since we have been here in Portland, David has wanted to take me to Chile's since I have never been and we have had two gift cards.  We have tried on three different nights to try to track one down but have had no success.  Apparantly they have all gone out of business around here.  We looked on the internet and there are four or five of them posted there and also in the phone books so we will take down directions and out we go.  Each time so far, we look and look and drive in circles of where our directions tell us it should be and then finally give up and just go somewhere on our way home instead.  One night we were out to eat with my sister, Brooks and her husband, John, and my cousin and we saw one just across the parking lot!  We got excited and I tried to remember the drive home so that maybe I would be able to drive back out there sometime with David.  So last weekend we were determined to find it again.  We drove somewhat in the right direction, but we still couldn't find it.  We saw Chipotle's and Panera Bread and got a little sidetracked and we got a burrito and a sandwich and just shared those with each other instead.  So tomorrow for Valentine's Day we are going to try again. . . frustration on V-Day is not quite the date I am hoping for.  Hopefully we make it and I get to try these yummy chips and salsa that David tells me about. . . We'll see! 

No comments: