Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not Quite the Best Valentine's Day


Valentines Day started out great.  David and I got to sleep in a little longer since he didn't have to go into work as early as usual and I was able to make a good french toast breakfast.  It was realy cheesy. . . but yes I did cut his french toast to say "I love U"  He liked them but was wondering if that was all the french toast he got. . . He's a four or five french toast eater.   I knew that already but needed to make sure he could see the love I cut into it!  
He went to work for the day and had a normal work day.  I on the other hand wasn't quite feeling up to par.  I couldn't keep my french toast down or anything I tried to eat during the day. . . .and I promise I'm not pregnant.  Just a flu bug for the day I think.  So with that. . . I didn't want to ruin the date night with David so I thought I would tough it out.  We had planned to go to Chili's, if we could find it!  So I just went and got some flu medicine and thought I would be able to survive the night.  
We took off to Chili's and found it first try!  We were glad to finally track it down . . . but we were a little thrown off with the hour wait to get in.  Luckily it was right next to the mall so we took the little vibrating disk thing and cruised through the mall for a bit. . . David made a pit stop at Barnes and Noble and was in heaven!  It was nice for me to be able to just sit and relax while he flipped through some tax and business books.  He was lovin' it and I was surviving.  
We got seated and had our chips and salsa and a cheese dip and they were all really good.  I tried the dips but I couldn't eat a lot of it, but it was nice to just nibble on the chips.  David was right that those chips are some of the best.  
We ordered our food and when it came I just could get myself to eat it.  I got a fajita and it looked great, but I just had to ask for a box to take it home.  I just talked with David while he ate his dinner and I nibbled on the tortilla chips until I felt too nausus and had to make a quick run to the bathroom.  Luckily my body gives me enough notice so there was no mess.  After that I felt great. . . not enough to eat my fajita, but we did go and relax and watch that Benjamin Button movie.  
So our date wasn't quite the best ever. . . but it was memorable for sure!  
I gave David a haircut that he has needed for a while now.  This picture makes him look like he has gained weight but I think he is looking down. . . and his eyebrows do not connect to his hairline. . . I promise I would never let that be!  I don't think that this picture really shows how long it is and I don't have a shot of after, but it is short and that is how I like it!  I love his hair just after it's cut!  He is such a handsome guy and looks so sharp now days! . . . especially since we have been taking advantage of the exercise room at his work.  We sweat like crazy and have run our hearts away for the last three weeks!  So we look good, feel good, and couldn't be happier! 

2 comments:

The Bynum Family said...

Alright, I am typing quickly since it is near the end of my lunch break....I decided since all I brought for lunch today was cereal that I would catch up on what my sister in law is doing! I spent my whole lunch break reading your blog...I read it from the beginning to the end (which would be reverse chronological order), which was kinda funny, but catching up with you guys was great! I love reading about you and David! I love him so much and I love that he has someone as goofy as he is to share all his laughs with. Sure wish you guys lived closer! I have been trying to get back into blogging, so this has inspired me to go home and post something tonight :) Ever since Peter went back to school this past Sept and I took on a second job I have become very UN-social and I don't like that! It has been a blast watching Peter do what he loves to do! He is so happy when he gets home and it's been fun too! A couple thoughts I had while reading your blog...I am the same way exactly about reading books! I too tried to get into reading and did make it through a couple with out falling asleep (all recommended to me by friends, I have not learned the art of picking a "good one" yet) "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch and My Sister's Keeper and This other book about a guys who is trying to figure out how his wife died, but his dog is the only witness...I know it sounds wierd, but it was very suspensful! I'll see if I can find the name of that one. Also, Peter has a Great Gma named Honey! She got it because that's what her husband would call her! Our grandparents never had cool names like that. And I loved that picture of David getting his hair cut!!! Peter's grows so fast, I probably cut it about every 4 weeks! Well, hope to hear from you two soon! =) Love ya! Rosie

Crissa Rae said...

Lorry! You little stinker! I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog till now! WE MISS YOU!! You should call us when you get back to Idaho so that we can hang out!... Do you guys like to go camping?..... That sounded kinda random. Good thing I know you're kinda random, too. Maybe we should go camping together this summer! That would be fun! :) Oh... haha. Are you sure you're not pregnant?... Maybe you should check just to make sure! haha just kidding.