Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Christmas Again

As we moved so soon after Christmas, all our gifts got packed up.  Now we are unpacking and we are finding our presents and it is sort of fun!  We kind of forgot about some of them and we are delightfully surprised as we find some!  As David unpacks, somehow he finds all the treats. . . thanks Rachel and Grandpa Bob!  We found Mom's package and I am so glad for all the home videos she put on DVD for us!  Now we have no excuse for writing our life story :)
Mom also sent over the finished blessing dress and I am going to get some good detailed pictures of Katelyn with it on and post those later. . . LOVE it!
We got some very nice Christmas cards with lots of love in them!  I'm glad they survived the move.
We got basketballs with our gift card from our secret. . . thanks Brooks and John! I never mentioned how Davids team did in the tournament.  They tried very hard, but just kept on losing.  David did score but I missed it.  He had fun and can't wait to play more, so we got some basketballs, a manly one and a girly one, and we volunteered to coach a youth team if parents don't want to.  Should be fun and I really hope the parents don't all want to coach!
We love the Mela products we got too. . . thanks Nick and Christine. . . and yes, we have missed them.  David has been searching out a lotion since we ran out of Renew, and is very glad he got some, and some gold bars.  He and his sensitive skin are happy again :)  I have been hoping to find a good deal on laundry detergent before we run out, and now I have a lot longer.  Not weird or cheap gifts. . . we love them and will happily use them up!
Katelyn loves her books.  Thanks Chad and family!  I love Corduroy. . . I read that when I was little.  And her first sign language book!  YAY!!  We can't wait to communicate with her through signs until she can talk!
I promise these were not posed. . . this is like her best friend. This bear wasn't a Christmas present, but it is one of the only things that always makes her happy.  She absolutely loves this teddy bear and can play with him forever!  He's perfect!  Thanks Rach!
One of my favorite gifts this year was the book and music, The Forgotten Carols.  We finally unpacked it and can finish reading it at nights as a family!
One of David's favorite gifts was the game Cities and Knights.  This is an addition to the original game Settlers of Catan and it adds some different aspects to the game which we also have enjoyed almost every night too!  Hooray for unpacking!

1 comment:

r^3 said...

Ha!
I kinda felt silly when I got it for her becaues she just stared at it weirdly when you put it in her crib. I'm gld she is warming up to it :)