Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off We Go! Farewell Boise...

We are officially moved now.  We were faked out last week when we tried to rent a trailer, but our plug in for the tail lights didn't work.  We called all the willing strong men that volunteered to help out and asked for a rain check.  Their wives all said they would be glad to volunteer their husbands for another day. . . how sweet of them!
We had the electrical part fixed and away we went.  We had a good crew of manly men hauling boxes and then David and his dolly.  He doesn't know why I call it that and he insists it is a "hand truck".  I think it just makes him feel a little better about his masculinity and that he can carry:)  We rented the biggest trailer our car could tow and the guys thought I was crazy.  I had Katelyn on one hip and they asked me to back my "rig" up close to the trailer.  I went and buckled her in and backed our snazzy car up to where they were standing.  
I could tell that they really did think I was a little off thinking I was going to haul a giant trailer with the boat of a grandma car that we have.  I loved it.  Apparently our grandma car can tow a big load, and they were a little impressed with our hitch rating.  (I don't really know what I am talking about, so don't ask any details please)
Katelyn was a trooper during the whole process.  I was able to hand her off for a few days to people in the ward and I would run home and pack and pack as quick as I could, until I had to go back to feed her.  It was so nice to be able to get so much done so fast.
We decided to get rid of our couch, and David was so happy.  It is a little more than heavy, and he did not want to move it.  We tried to sell it cheap, but people kept on saying they could come get it, but never did.
Then we scooted it out the door, and posted it for free to the first person who picked it up, and someone took it!  Hooray!!  I know David really will miss it, but I can't wait to get a new one!  So long to our mismatched couch.
Our new place is much bigger.  It doesn't feel like it since we still have boxes everywhere.  We have another bedroom, and another bathroom, and a washer and dryer!  We have stairs now too which will be interesting as Katelyn starts moving on her own soon.  
Hooray for no more upstairs neighbors with a rowdy dog running around.  Hooray for looking for a new comfy couch.  Hooray for no smoking neighbors.  And hooray for still being close to everything in town.
We love being closer to David's work and cutting down on the commute has been wonderful already!  He doesn't have to leave as early, and gets home a lot sooner.  Very nice!!  
So here's to a fresh start in our new place in this very new year. 
Thanks to everyone that helped in so many ways!

1 comment:

Jared, Brynne, Emme and Oliver Higley said...

I'm so glad you had a successful move and a good Christmas. Maybe we should call you Martha Stuart. ;) I know what you mean about being away from family for Christmas...it's just not quite the same. I'm so happy for you and your new place..gotta love SPACE! =) Anyway, we sure will miss you here. Keep in touch!!