Monday, March 21, 2011

Not That Bad

This whole March Madness thing is actually a lot more fun than I expected.  I have only watched part of one game during this whole tournament and it was the BYU and Gonzaga game. . . . as a side note, I haven't seen BYU play though I have heard tons about their star player and also about the center who is off the team now.  I couldn't believe how sweet of a shot that Jimmer has.  He was shooting way beyond the 3 point line with defenders guarding him racking up the score.  He definitely has some talent and David and I were amazed with how easy he made it look.

Anyways, my bracket is doing ok. . . nothing fancy.  It is funny how David and I are rooting for some of these teams to win even though we have no idea who the players are, we probably don't know where the school is, and we don't have any connection to these schools except that we picked them to win that game.  I have never been so curious how the games are going.  An update of the score and how  much time is left is good enough for me.  I think the bracket system makes it easy for people to get emotionally invested in this tournament and follow the games.

Like I said before, David is rooting for Texas and picked them to win the whole thing.  He has picked them to win the last three years.  Does anyone know who has won the last three years?  Well all that really matters to him is that Texas isn't one of those.  David has been let down year after year.  Yesterday, Texas lost to Arizona. He was pretty bummed about this and disappointed in his team for letting him down again.  His Texas blanket has been his support system.

I haven't been very sympathetic, but he hasn't really been that sad over it either. . . AND he's my competition and I even predicted that Arizona was going to knock Texas out so I was a little happy.  I thought of cheering him up with a little Texas song on my recorder, but I just barely found it unpacking some leftover boxes and haven't practiced.  I am sure he would have loved it though :)  I have a pretty good chance of coming out on top of this whole competition.  I wonder what the winner gets. . . I'm ready to negotiate that now :)

No comments: