Monday, July 12, 2010

Not Much Longer!

We are less than 6 weeks away from our due date and we are getting more and more excited for this little baby girl to come.  Lately I have loved wearing dresses.  There's no restrictions on the belly and with it being summer time, there is more breathability for my legs.  The colorful summery dresses are so nice to wear.
So here are pictures at 34 weeks along.  You can't even tell I am pregnant in the first one right!?  The dresses just drape over me. . . kind of tent like but I am ok with that now.  I am sure that I could protect a child in a storm with a nice shelter over head if needed!  Luckily, this baby weight is staying close to my belly.  I haven't had too many inches growing in all the unwanted places. . . mostly just out from the belly.  It is kind of funny to me that there is a definite underside to my belly.  David and I were swimming and one of those foam noodles in the pool could easily keep me floating when I put it under the belly!  Not even joking!  There is enough of a ledge there for it to rest on.
This baby is starting to run out of room which means that I can feel every movement.  It is fun to feel her rolling around and getting situated.  When there is noise. . . music at church, fireworks, radio playing. . . she seems to get really active.  Maybe she's annoyed by the noise and she wants me to quiet it down. Who knows.  I think that one day soon I will be able to see outlines of her feet, hands, or elbows as she jabs and exercises in there.  She put on a show for David as we were singing at church.  My dress over my belly was moving all over the place.  Sometimes if David lays his head down on my lap and his head is too close to my belly, she will squirm and kick as if to get him out of her space.  She sure is feisty!
Sleeping is starting to get a little more difficult.  I get uncomfortable more often so I will roll over from side to side.  This used to be no big deal, but now it seems like any sort of ab muscle I once had in there has dissolved away.  It takes so much more effort to roll this belly to the other side.  I usually end up having to scoot around too so I don't take up all of David's side.  I can't let my belly rest on him because she will wrestle him until one of us scoots away.  By the end of this rolling over/scooting over business I am nearly out of breath from the workout and lucky if I still have a small part of the blanket still on the bed!
My dreams have been so strange lately too.  I will have random people from high school in them as we go on ski trips and I try to disguise the baby belly only to have the baby on the lift, or in a tree I got tangled up in.  I also had a frustrating dream that I was tricked into being on the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" which is about people who had no idea they were fully pregnant until a baby came out.  I kept trying to tell everyone that I knew I was pregnant all along, but the show just went on about me and I was just thought of as this wild   ignorant pregnant woman.  One of my favorites has been that I had the baby and she came out with a box of Teddy Grahams and my bracelet I left at Nick and Christine's last week.  So random it makes me laugh.
David was a little out of it but he was telling me all about how a nurse called her daughter "Katie-bug the Ladybug" and how she always wore things with lady bugs on them.  It was so random and I realized he was out of it so I kept this conversation going.  He let me know that our little girl would be mortified if we did that to her and that we would have to be her servant for life.  I started laughing and he came out of it but he just said, "You'll be sorry."  He rolled over and was out again. I laughed some more and let him know how funny he was later on in the day.  I told him we didn't have to put any lady bugs on our little girl as I don't want to be sorry I didn't listen later!
We are hoping that this little girl stays in my belly for at least a few more weeks to finish growing big and strong, but we also realize that she could be here very soon!  We are being extra careful to make sure I don't do anything I shouldn't so we can let this little girl come when she is ready.

No comments: