Monday, May 24, 2010

Which Belly????


OK OK. . . so most of you had it figured out.  The belly on the right has the baby in it!  As Dad said it, I have more of a teardrop shape to my belly.  I will also add for David's sake, he really did have to push out his belly to make it look that big.  His doesn't really poke out as far as it looks, it just has the wider surface area so he tried really hard for this look, but my belly has been poking out further than his for a while now.
A few new funny things from people:
. . . I was getting my haircut and as she met me, my hair cutter lady asked, "So are you 8 months along or how far?"  I told her just barely 6 months and she didn't even try to take it back!  I am barely bigger than in this picture and most people have been surprised to find out that I was only 6 months along, so 8 was a shocker to me!
. . . A second grade girl at school told me, "The baby is taking up all your clothes!"  It seemed like an emergency and I just had to agree and tell her that the baby is still going to grow more.  She looked very worried for me :)
. . . A different second grade girl felt the baby bump and was amazed at how tough it was and then said, "your belly is hard, but when you have the baby, it will be so soft and squishy."  Her teacher got on her about making rude comments and how I was not like most people and I have a nice cute little body and will have a nice flat belly.
. . . I sneezed at work and one of my co-workers said "bless you" and followed it with, "Do you pee your pants a little every time you sneeze or cough, because I did when I was pregnant."  I laughed at her and thanked her for sharing, but had to let her down as I have not peed my pants sneezing or coughing.  Some people are very open and feel that by being pregnant before and being face to face with me gives them the go ahead to share ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about their pregnancy, whether I ask or not (usually not).  I have heard plenty from some people that I know nothing about except for some special facts!  Oh the joys of pregnancy.

We found a steal of a deal on a stroller this weekend, and almost a crib too.  I just took a look at craigslist and found so much stuff on there.  Hidden among all the extra stuff was this very good lookin' stroller for only $10.00!!!  Some family here in Boise is moving and didn't need it anymore so I got it!
image 1752572614-1

We are pretty excited about this good deal we found and almost got a crib, but someone beat us to it.  There is only 3 months or less left and we are getting really anxious for this new little baby!
 Summer is almost here and it starts officially on Friday as it is the last day of school around here!  This week is like one big party at school!  Kindergarteners had their graduation today, and the "too cool for E-School" 5th graders have their graduation on Thursday, the 5th grade vs. teachers kickball game on Wednesday, and field day tomorrow and Wednesday for the 1st-4th graders.  This means I get to wear jeans (not dress clothes!) for the rest of the week and I will be signing lots of shirts (it seems that it is the "in" thing to wear a plain white shirt for boys and a pink one for girls and have everyone sign it.)  I put a little preggo stick figure next to my name so they remember me :)  I am going to miss some of the cute kids for sure, but not enough to make me go back to work right after the baby is born.  I will just have to have my own cute kids. . . problem solved!!!

No comments: