Saturday, May 15, 2010

You Too!

The nice weather is finally here and I love it!  I can't wait to get a little bit of color back into this skin of mine.  I feel like this pregnancy glow is more of a glare as I reflect too much because of my pasty white skin :)  I am very glad that our apartment has a pool no more than 50 feet outside our front door, and I am going to probably be taking full advantage of it.  I might scare people away with the giant growing baby belly.  I am ok with that though!   I might be the pregnant queen of the pool!

This week I have realized a few things about being pregnant. . .

  • stripes on shirts aren't so flattering anymore
  • I have to stand further away from the fridge when I open it as I have hit my belly three times this week with the door :)
  • turning sideways to fit through a gap doesn't help anymore, especially when trying to squeeze behind a student sitting in their chair as my belly just bonks them in the back of the head :)
  • push ups are easier as I don't have to go down as far or else I might get high-centered!
  • I am now getting special treatment 
    • teachers offer thier soft cushioned chairs for me to sit on so I don't sit on the floor
    • teachers move an extra chair next to me and my group or a helper is delegated so I never have to bend down to pick anything up off the floor
    • I am not allowed to move anything. . . we are 2 weeks from summer vacation and teachers are packing up stuff in their rooms and I am not allowed to help unless I find something I can sit and sort
    • Students almost get in trouble for not holding doors open for the pregnant lady
    • students save parts of their lunch so they can feed the baby. . . I was given some linty fruit snacks, one for me and one for the baby
    • First graders wanted to see me to feed the baby through my belly button :)
  • our little girl is kicking all the time and I can feel her now without me sitting still
  • a kindergartener gave me a hug and the baby kicked  him at the same time. . . I wasn't sure if he noticed, but with his eyes really big he said, "WHOA!  YOUR BABY KNOWS KARATE!"  all the boys waiting in line started showing off their karate chops and stances . . . I guess they learned karate in the womb too :)
  • tying my shoes and painting my toes is getting a little more tricky
  • one lady at work came up to me. . . when I was wearing the not so flattering striped shirt. . . and said "Well, your belly sure is getting huge!"  I sort of wanted to say, "You too!" with a nice little smile, but I am pretty sure that wouldn't have been so nice :)
I am finishing up my 2nd trimester and moving on to my 3rd trimester already!  This pregnancy has been flying by and it is great!  Some of the teachers I work with call me a natural breeder since I seem to be meant to have kids. They have their own horror stories from when they were pregnant and I am so glad that it has been such a breeze so far.  
I am bummed that I don't get to teach swimming lessons at our pool this summer though.  I was really excited to do it for the first half of the summer or so until I got too big and pregnant.  The managers are nervous about  being liable for any accidents that might happen so they said I can't do the lessons.  I am trying to think of fun/cheap things to do with my summer time until the baby comes.  David will be working, so I want to stay somewhat busy!  We will have to see!

No comments: