Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sorry for those still in school!

Now that I am a college graduate, I am finding that I have so much time.  I work during the week a full day each day, but then when I come home, I am free to do whatever I would like.  Recently I have realized how great it is!  When I was in school, I had multiple teachers say at the start of each new semester that every hour spent in class meant that they expected two hours of study time.  So though I would only have 2-4 classes in a day, some of those teachers expected double that in study time!  Yikes!  No I didn't always spend that much time at home, but there was a constant shameful feeling of how much more I could be doing, but I didn't have the energy and motivation to do it.  I always took at least 15 credits and then there was the occasional racquetball/snowboarding/German/sign language/basketball class that I would put in there for fun.  I think I am just realizing how each semester I spent the evenings worrying about the assignments, reading, projects, papers, tests, etc.  that I had to complete for the next day or that were coming up he next week or month.  I always wanted to get ahead and finish it all weeks in advance, but the semesters came and went and everything was just thrown in there and I had a few all nighters in order to stay on top of it all.
I just love that when I come home, I really do get to relax and do what I would like.  David and I get home at the same time each day and we don't have homework to worry about!  There really is time to do the dishes and laundry and pick-up.
I know that when kids come along, we will be so involved with their activities and school work, but for now we can't get enough of this time to be at home with every evening free to do what we choose!

No comments: