Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time for smoothies

This week was a good one!  We have a lot that we are blessed with and we are loving spending lots and lots of time together.  I am so glad that May is here and that summer is right around the corner!  Here's some of the random things that happened this week that made us smile!

  • killed a giant nasty hobo spider. . . those spiders are fast and gross
  • stocked our freezer with Popsicles
  • saw my brother and sister-in-law as they stopped here for the night
  • went for some runs and loved the fresh air and the cool trails along the river . . . no worries, my doctor said it is fine.  I am no extreme runner, just a few slow miles.
  • we got a letter from a company David applied for. . . he didn't get the job, but it is so nice when companies acknowledge the fact that we wonder if any of the applications we put in are even partially considered
  • had a flu bug. . . not so great, but I only had it for a day and then I was better. . . and David didn't get it
  • lots of hugs from my kiddos at school
  • got back on schedule of  scriptures, prayers, temple, etc with David
  • Got my teacher certification papers off in the mail to the state
  • giant balloon from valentine's day is still floating
  • got to teach my first graders for an hour while their teacher went to a doctor's appointment
  • David got to go play ping pong twice this week
  • I ate a whole box of strawberries. . . too tasty!
  • Two dates with David this week
  • had a cherry dipped cone from DQ
  • David finished a cool book that he really liked
  • successfully lead my cub scouts through three songs on their homemade instruments at Pack Meeting for the parents
  • was initiated as a new member to scouts and drank bear blood, wolf teeth, and some kind of bones (gatorade, crushed Cheerios, and oatmeal) . . gross, but the boys thought it was pretty cool
  • started writing the story of my life so far and have loved thinking back to the shaggy haired silly girl that I was
  • David felt our baby kick for the first time!
We are doing great!  Loving each other and have fun doing whatever we feel like doing.  Happy May!

No comments: